Living with Jesus as Our Lord | 1 Peter 3:8-22
Christlikeness is the key to fearless living in a fallen world.
1. The Wisdom of a Godly Life (v8-12)
- A Christian is a perfectly free Lord of all, subject to none.
- A Christian is a perfectly dutiful servant to all, subject to all.
- Harmony -> ‘Like-minded’
- Sympathy -> ‘Like-hearted’
- Love as brothers -> ‘family affection’ (Philadelphia)
‘Open-hearted’ lives reflect the open-hearted love of God.
2. The Challenges of a Godly Life (v13-17)
You are writing a Gospel, a chapter each day – by the works that you do and the words that you say. Folks read what you write, disturbing or true … What is the gospel according to you?
Fear is debilitating. Cling to Jesus … always be prepared (v15).
John Chapman, ‘Know and Tell the Gospel.’
3. Jesus, the Lord of the Godly Life (v18-22) • A great summary of the Gospel. (Memorise v18).
- From Noah to Christ.
- From the Ark to the Church.
- Baptism is a sign of the Covenant of Grace. (Are you ‘on board’ with Jesus?)
- Be Christlike in your love, behaviour, commitment to the truth.
- Christlikeness is the key to fearless living in a fallen world.
- What is the Gospel according to you?