Of the Holy Scriptures | 2 Peter 1:12-21
1. Confessing the faith: The Westminster Confession (v12-15)
- To know and understand each other’s thoughts
- To explain and defend the truth of the Gospel
- To disciple new believers
- To remember what we already know.
2. How can I know God? (v16-18).
3. The Bible alone: Sola Scriptura (v19-21).
When you read the Bible:
- Read prayerfully.
- Read expectantly.
- Read with a teachable heart.
- Learn to sit under the authority of God’s Word.
- Read to remember.
- Remember to read!