God’s Grace in Our Weakness | 2 Corinthians 11:16-12:10
- How do you measure success in life?
1) Paul’s Personal Apology (11:16-21a)
2) The Fool’s Speech (11:21b-12:10)
a) A Boast of Self-Commendation (v21b-23a)
b) A Boast of Comparison (v23b-33)
c) A Boast of Visions and Revelations (12:1-10)
- Paul’s Vision of Heaven
- Paul’s Thorn in the Flesh
- Are you prone to boasting?
-- Who are you trying to impress?
-- Where are you placing your trust?
-- What is the idol in your heart?
- Spiritual burdens are permitted by God to cure our pride.
-- A Christian should measure personal success in terms of integrity. This may
involve times of suffering and loss, but the end result is glorious: praise to God
and joy to the believer.