God’s Covenant Family | Genesis 17
- God is building his family through his Covenant with Abraham.
1. The LORD of the Covenant: El Shaddai (v1-2).
2. Father Abraham (v3-8).
3. Mother Sarah (v15-22).
4. The Sign of the Covenant: Circumcision (v9-14, 23-27).
- The Bible is the ‘family album’ that tells us the story of God’s Covenant Family.
- The church is an impossible family – yet, here we are!
- God is still building his family through his Covenant with Abraham.
- God gives us new birth and places us in His Family. Then he calls us to live
blamelessly before him.
- Baptism is an outward sign of an inner reality for those who belong to the
Covenant Family of our Lord Jesus Christ.