Christian Love and the Christian Life | 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12
- How can I live a God-pleasing life without being dragged into the sewer of our
morally bankrupt world?
1. Living to Please God (It’s Not Rocket Science!) (v1-2)
2. Sexual Purity (v3-8)
- Acknowledge that it is God’s will for you to be holy.
- Pray for the Spirit’s work of sanctification.
- Act accordingly
3. Commitment and Care for Others (v9-10).
- God’s love is eternally ‘other-person centred’.
4. Living the Responsible Life (v11-12).
- Don’t be lazy, be useful.
- Don’t flirt with the enemy.
- Make Christian purity your ambition in life.
- Sanctification is possible and necessary in the Christian life – so guard your heart
and mind, and aim for daily holiness (by prayer and action).