God’s Rest, and Ours | Genesis 1:31-2:3
- 32% of working adults sleep less than 6 hours.
- 10-30% of all adults struggle with chronic insomnia.
- 1 in 5 Americans took some form of sleeping drug in 2021.
1) The Seventh Day (v1)
- Completes God’s creation by changing the focus form God’s work to God’s rest.
2) God’s Rest (v2)
- The opposite of ‘rest’ is not ‘work’, but restlessness.
- Restlessness is a foretaste of hell.
3) Our Rest (v3)
- 'God blessed the seventh day and made it holy.'
- God made the Sabbath for man, not man for the Sabbath.
- What, if anything, is special about your Sunday?
- Set apart your Sunday as a day wholly unto God.