The Ultimate Test of Abraham’s Faith | Genesis 22:1-19
- What is faith?
1. God's Strange Command to Abraham (v1-2).
2. Abraham's Strange Obedience (v3-10).
3. Substitutionary Atonement: The LORD Will Provide (v11-14).
4. Faith's Reward: God’s Unbreakable Promise (v15-19).
- 'Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.'
- True faith will always be strengthened by trials.
- Strong faith is often tested by strong trials.
- When trials come, remember: These have come so that your faith – of greater worth
than gold – may be proved genuine, and bring praise and glory to God. (See
1 Peter 1:9)